Welcome to the Utah Chapter of HFMA
We are the professional membership organization for individuals involved in the financial management of healthcare in Utah.
Message from our President
Utah HFMA Chapter members and guests -
The 2018-2019 HFMA fiscal year is starting off wonderfully despite the many changes we are facing as finance leaders. With the many changes in healthcare, we are met with daily decisions and challenges that impact our communities. As finance leaders, we are asked to provide guidance in this ever-changing environment.
This year’s HFMA National Chair is Kevin F. Brennan. He has chosen for his theme, imagine tomorrow: Yesterday is forgotten. Today is almost gone. We must look forward to building a better tomorrow. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed with so many challenges facing us. The good news is we are capable of addressing the challenges. We have the knowledge and skill base, but it will take confidence, belief that we can do more working together and our imaginations. Previous generations boarded ships, planes, trains to America in pursuit of their dreams for a better tomorrow. They had a vision; they took risks; and they worked endlessly to overcome challenges.
I am honored to have the opportunity to serve as President of the Utah Chapter during a time of great change, not only in our industry, but also in an Association that is evolving to meet the needs of its membership and imagine a better tomorrow. Our dedicated volunteer chapter leaders are focused on the following areas for 2018-2019:
- Technology – the Utah Chapter is working hard to update our current website and make it easier to register for our local events.
- Events – we have restructured our events. One of our growing challenges is finding the time to leave work for a full day of education. Our hope is that it will be easier to attend a half day event then commit to an all-day event.
- New Faces – We have new faces on the Utah Board and we are always actively engaged in growing our membership to reflect the current environment – early careerists, physician leaders, payers and health plans.
- Volunteerism – our chapter is volunteer-led. We need your support and input from all members to remain relevant. There are a multiple ways to get involved big or small. Please reach out to a Board member to learn how.
McCall Rowley, Past President set the course last year for our Utah Chapter. A very special thank you to her for her work and dedication.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve as your President. With the support from a great leadership team and all of the Utah Chapter HFMA members, we are on course to imagine tomorrow!
Utah HFMA President 2018-2019
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS!
- May 18th, 2018 - HFMA Officer Ceremony / Golf Tournament
- June 15th, 2018 - June Meeting
- July 13th, 2018 – July Meeting
- August 17th, 2018 – August Meeting
- Sept 20th-21st, 2018 – September Conference
- October 26th, 2018 – Women’s Conference
- November 16th, 2018 – November Meeting
- January 18th, 2019 – CEO Forum
- March 15th, 2019 – March Meeting